Garage Door Supply House FAQ’s
See below some of the most common questions that customers ask along with detailed answers to those questions. If you do not see the answer to your specific question, feel free to contact us anytime at 1-877-870-3667 or use our Live Chat feature to speak with a service professional.
We do not repair Garage Doors unless it is a door that we installed and is still under our warranty.
Yes, we sell commercial doors. We sell sectional commercial doors and rolling slat doors. If you are a contractor, please contact us at 1-877-870-3667 (Door) for special pricing!
Yes, we can sell just panels for Amarr Entrematic Garage Doors. If you are in need of only a section of garage door, please contact us at 1-877-870-3667 (Door)
Garage Door Supply House works with local installers in your area. Our installers are recruited based on security clearances, number of personnel, number of vehicles, years in business and other factors to determine their professionalism and accountability as a garage door installer.
Upon ordering a door with professional installation, there will be a site check that occurs at the install location. The installer will contact you within 24-48 hours of purchase to schedule the site check (time of initial contact may vary in certain regions of the Country)
During the site check, the installation company will check for proper sizing, track configuration, local codes / permits, and more. The site check is done to ensure a proper install with the correct garage door and components.
It is important to note that the site check could possibly uncover additional items that would be needed for the install (ex: permits, jam boards, anchors, low headroom options, etc..). If additional items are required for the install, additional costs may apply. If there is a need for additional items/costs, we will contact you to let you know before moving forward with the install.
After the site check is complete and the site is approved for install, the installation will be scheduled.
For doors being delivered for DIY installation – Due to production delays due to COVID-19, paired with extremely high order volume far exceeding forecasts and manufacturing capacity across the entire garage door industry, the lead time for MOST product shipments is 12 – 15 weeks. Classica, Carriage Court and Vista require longer lead times.
For doors being delivered and professionally installed by our local installers, the time could vary from purchase to completion from 14 – 20 weeks depending on your location, the door you order, the availability of the installer, weather, and other factors. We apologize for these shipping delays and any inconvenience they may cause.
The options for “Construction” refer to the actual construction of the door. Most doors have three construction options for insulation.
- The “1000” option on many doors refers to a single layer construction. This would be the most cost-effective option but has no insulation value.
- The “2000” option, available on many doors, refers to a double layer construction. This is the most economical insulated construction type. The model 2000 offers a double layer, steel with vinyl backed polystyrene insulation. The R value on the model 2000 is typically between R6.64 – R6.84
- The “3000” option, available on many doors, refers to a triple layer construction. This construction type offers the highest insulation value. The model 3000 offers triple layer, steel with vinyl backed polystyrene insulation (or polyurethane on some models) with an additional layer of steel to close it off. The R value on the model 3000 is typically between R6.48 – R19.4
If you have selected a torsion spring option, and are installing the door yourself (DIY), then you will need to wind the springs during the install to set the tension. The Winding Bars are tools to manually wind the torsion springs. The Winding Device is a tool that attaches to a drill to set the tension of the torsion spring. If you are installing a door with tensions springs on your own (DIY) we recommend purchasing the winding device as it will make the install much easier. If you are having your door professionally installed, you do not need to bother purchasing either device.
Headroom refers to the amount of room between the top of the door and lowest obstruction (Ex: Ceiling, steel beams, duct work, etc…). In order to determine your headroom, please refer to our “How to Measure” guide here.
Once you measure your headroom, you must select your headroom options. The options are 13” or more headroom, Headroom Between 6” – 12”, or Headroom between 4.5’ – 6”.
Once you have selected your proper headroom requirement, you must then select your track and spring options.
- For Headroom of 13” or more, you will see an option for a 12” radius track with torsion spring (Our standard setup) and an option for 12” radius track with extension spring. On a single wide door, for a do it yourself project, we recommend the 12” radius track with extension spring as it will be easier to install on your own. Either option, however, will work for you.
- For Headroom Between 6” – 12”, you will see an option for “Low Head Room With Front Torsion Spring” and also an option for “12” radius track with extension spring”. In most cases, the Low Headroom with Front Torsion Spring will be the option you should select. The “12” radius track with extension spring” will only work if you have AT LEAST 12” of headroom.
- For Headroom between 4.5” – 6” you will see an option for “Low headroom track with extension spring” and “Low headroom track with rear torsion spring”. For customers installing doors on their own (DIY) we recommend the extension spring option as this will be easier to install. The rear torsion spring option is typically only used on double wide doors, but is not necessary or very common.
If you are having trouble with the headroom option and understanding what you need, feel free to call us anytime at 1-877-870-3667 or use our Live Chat feature to talk to an expert.
Windload rated garage doors are needed, and sometimes required, in high wind areas such as coastal areas and tornado prone geographies. Practically every door that Garage Door Supply House offers is available with a wind load reinforcement system to withstand high-wind conditions. Our Amarr Wind Load garage doors look identical from the outside and are engineered to meet local building codes on the inside.
In order to determine if a wind load rated door is required in your area, you must check your local building codes. You may also contact us directly at 1-877-870-3667 and one of our experts can help you determine the wind load requirements in your area.
Off The Shelf refers to the most common doors that are sold across the country. Many times, these doors are in stock and ready to ship “off the shelf” quickly and more affordably. Our most common door is the Amarr Stratford series. Contact us at 1-877-870-3667 to inquire about special pricing and availability in your area for off the shelf options.
Standard (non-impact) is the lowest tier wind load rating. Standard windload starts at 90MPH wind load rating and goes up to 180MPH
Impact is the mid-tier wind load rating. Impact starts at 130MPH and goes up to 185MPH.
Dade, or Dade County, is the highest tier wind load available. This is a requirement in Dade County, Florida and other areas as well.
At Garage Door Supply House, we offer Lift Master and Linear Door Operators. We have 5 popular options listed on our website, but we can also provide many more options. Feel free to call us at 1-877-870-3667 (Door) to inquire about additional door operator options.
If you would like to learn more about the Door Operators featured on our website, you can view the brochures for each operator by clicking here.
Most of our doors are made of galvanized steel. This would include all of our traditional and Carriage style doors.
We also supply aluminum/glass door options in our contemporary door models.
Additionally, we can offer wood carriage doors as a special order. If you would like to inquire about our wood carriage doors, please call 1-877-870-3667 (Door).